Statement of Purpose
Consistent with A.A.’s primary purpose of maintaining our sobriety and helping other alcoholics achieve recovery, the Archives of Alcoholics Anonymous will:
• Receive, classify, and index all relevant material, such as administrative files and records, correspondence, and literary works and artifacts considered to have historical importance to Alcoholics Anonymous.
• Hold and preserve such material.
• Provide access to these materials, as determined by the archivist in consultation with the trustees’ Archives Committee, to members of Alcoholics Anonymous and to others who may have a valid need to review such material, contingent upon a commitment to preserve the anonymity of our members.
• Serve as a resource and laboratory to stimulate and nourish learning.
• Provide information services to assist the operations of Alcoholics Anonymous.
• Promote knowledge and understanding of the origins, goals and programs of Alcoholics Anonymous.
The General Service Office Archives are administered by theG.S.O. archivist. The policies, procedures, and projects of theGeneral Service Office Archives are overseen by a trustees’ committeeof the General Service Board (which meets three times peryear), as well as a committee of the General Service Conference(which meets jointly with the trustees’ Archives Committee duringthe annual General Service Conference).
Chair: Jennifer H. 901-487-9220
Alt. Chair: Polly G. 901-355-0784
Secretary: Ray A. 931-216-1157
Treasurer: Chris F. 901-503-2716